BeginnerTriathlete.comJanuary 14, 2011
The launch of my new company, SiteInSightNovember 4, 2011
Improving the odds for small businesses and nonprofits is Alice’s passion. Her company develops online strategy that works for you, at a price you can afford.
Alice Hohl majored in journalism at Northwestern University, and was a newspaper reporter for 10 years before moving into nonprofit PR. In the nonprofit sector, one learns to wear many hats. Although Alice was hired to write newsletters and head media relations, she quickly assumed leadership of website updates (and ultimate redesign), social media, email marketing, mobile communications, crisis preparedness, video editing and more.
All the while, Alice has been building her freelance business. With her increasing breadth of skills, the volume of her private clients began to overwhelm her available time. She launched her business, SiteInSight, in August. In September, she left her nonprofit job at The Salvation Army to pursue her business full time.
Alice is familiar with several versatile content management systems (including WordPress, Dot Net Nuke, ZenCart, etc.) and can setup a professional Web site that accepts payments via PayPal, includes a Shopping Cart and can be updated from any computer.
She has also:
- Written and designed Web sites
- Consulted on marketing and social media strategy
- Taught college journalism
- Written successful press releases
- Written and edited Web copy, including top SEO strategies and keywords
- Headed the board of a youth development organization
- Created and managed a K race for charity
- Alice has been published in Crain’s Modern Healthcare, the Chicago Sun-Times, Columbus Monthly, the Daily Southtown, Chicago Parent, Columbus Parent, Red Streak, and Plastic Surgery News.